On the 4th of this month, my boyfriend and I celebrated our 2-year anniversary. Not hard to believe that so much time has passed since we first started dating, but I am so happy to have him in my life. I love him so much. Tomorrow, I’ll be with my family (dad, sister, niece, aunts and uncles) celebrating my grandpa’s 100th birthday. We’re all so thrilled (and none-too-surprised) that he’s lived this long. It’s funny, because he didn’t want to make his birthday into a big deal, but that’s what he’s getting (thanks to the rest of the family).
My boyfriend’s car is out of commission (blown head gasket), so we got a new one yesterday, and we’re hoping to get some help from neighbors and maybe even our landlord to get it replaced. I hope this happens soon, because he can’t afford to miss any more work.
Let’s see…I guess I should make a list of favorites for this month, huh? There won’t be many, but here’s a few:
My Recent Favorites:
- Denali Dreams’ Fireweed Honey Lip Balm in Vanilla Pear (has lasted me longer than a year or two, maybe more…)
- Clinique’s Glosswear For Lips Intense Sparkle (not sure of the color — sticker wore off some time ago)
- NO SNOW ON THE GROUND!
- Nestle Coffeemate’s peppermint mocha creamer
- “Any Other Way” by Daneila Andrade
- “Mother to the Moon” by Jason Myles Goss
- “Tell My Mama” by Christina Grimmie
- Watching my boyfriend play Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Also, I got a recipe for you all to try. It’s super-easy, and it’s a great appetizer.
Seasoned Baked Potatoes:
3-4 russet potatoes, cut in half
cracked black pepper, to taste
garlic salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- While you wait for your oven to preheat, cut the potatoes in half. Then, take a butter knife and spread a thin layer of butter onto the flat side of the potatoes.
- Next, you’ll want to take your cracked black pepper and garlic salt and sprinkle that on top of the buttered potatoes.
- Place the seasoned potato halves, buttered-side-up, onto a baking sheet.
- Set the oven timer for one hour; this is how long it’ll take to cook the potatoes.
- Serve immediately. (You may add more butter, if you wish — just cut a lengthwise-slit into the potatoes and put a small pad inside.)
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Until next time!