I know it’s been some time since I’ve posted. Let me just catch you up on a few things:
These past couple of days have been relatively busy; I’ve been helping my dad clean and paint his house to that it’s ready to be shown by his realtor. What’s up, you ask? Well, isn’t it obvious..? He’s moving. Don’t worry, though…he isn’t moving very far away. (Needless to say, I’ve been working my ass off!! It was fun though.)
I’d made Mother’s Day cards last week for my mom and my other adopted moms…they ended up being late, but they loved the cards, anyhow.
My boyfriend surprised me with the announcement that he’d be willing to give up one of his Dungeon & Dragons nights to play darts! That means he’s joining the dart league!!! I am one very happy girl!! 😀
Speaking of the dart league, this season just ended this past Saturday with the dart banquet. It was so yummy and there was so much good company! Gotta thank the local school cooking club for providing the dinner at the last minute!
Due to some issue with the bank, I ended up getting some extra money. Who isn’t happy about that kind of thing?!
I’ve been feeling inspired to be more artsy, thanks to going over to help dad with painting. (While at dad’s, I found some of my old artwork from college. Now I just need to find a big art portfolio to put ’em in…)
Book I just finished reading: Invisible by Carla Buckley
Book I am currently reading: Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
I guess that’s it for now. Nothing left but to put down some new favorites:
- “Frozen” — Yes, I know, it’s the latest hype and everyone’s probably sick of it by now, but I can’t help but love the songs “Let It Go” and “Do You Want to Build A Snowman?”.
- …speaking of that last song…there’s a spoof cover on YouTube called “Do You Want to Go to Starbucks?”. Go check it out! You will laugh!
- “Elders React” and “Teens React” on YouTube. (Thank Crystal!!)
- Sunscreen!!! (SPF 15 on face and neck, SPF 70 on arms)
- Small butterfly hairclips (Gotta pin the hair off my face somehow.)
- “Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele
- “Human” by Christina Perri
- American Pickers on the History Channel (…still not sure why I like these guys.)
- Elder Scroll V: Skyrim (Unfortunately, I have to kill my Khajiit character due to glitches. Maybe I’ll be a dark or high elf…? What do you guys think?)
- “Ain’t It Fun” by Paramore
- “The Walker” by Fitz & The Tantrum
- New Starbucks Drink: Teavana Black Tea Lemonade (Seriously. If you guys haven’t gone out to try it yet, go do it! Do it now! Do it quickly!! Blarg!! <–said in a crappy Schwarzeneggar voice
That’s it for now, guys. Until next time!
…stay tuned for my “Summertime Bucket List”!!
Okay, so Justin’s birthday went well. We both had work on Saturday evening, but after that we were able to go out dancing/drinking with a friend of ours. We had fun, but I hoped more people would show up. Sunday, we went to our favorite coffee shop and hung with friends until 5-ish; when 7:00PM came around, we went to his fencing practice (that didn’t last too long though, because it was just him and the instructor; no-one else was able to make it). I don’t quite remember what we did on Monday –so sad–, but Tuesday we were able to go and do some shopping (my PFD came thru) and we had so much fun. Tuesday night, we went to the movies and saw “Mortal Instruments: City of Bones”. Never read the book, but I guess the movie was decent. I liked the main character, Clary’s, hair…pretty dark red color. Gorgeous, and so long/thick.
Today I had work from 3:30 to 7:15. I was supposed to be having my art program from 6:00 to 7:00, tonight, but no-one showed up! I guess no-one remembered that starting this week, the day/time was going to change for this program. *shrug*
Anyhow, happy Wednesday, everyone! I hope you all have a great rest of your week!
Until next time…
So yesterday, I had to get up at ass-o’clock in the morning to get ready to head to work at 9AM. As I may have stated before, I am NOT a morning person (unless I have copious amounts of coffee to drink to compensate for me getting up so early). So, I ran out the door after splashing on some eyeliner and eyeshadow (sorry, no pic to show at the moment) and a few sips of my boyfriend’s coffee to go with taking my vitamins. Now, I am sure you’re wondering why I had to get up so early; it’s because I had to supervise voting day for the municipal voting in my hometown. (FYI: I tried to blog about all this yesterday, but my computer at work is CRAP!) Then, I went to do some running around with my sister and 1.5-month-old niece, Harper. (She’s adorable.)
Today, my lovely boyfriend got me up at 8:30 because, well, he just couldn’t sleep anymore. So we got up, got some coffee, I watched him play some Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for the Xbox360, then after that, we got dressed and headed to our favorite coffee shop (shoutout to Harborside Flyby!). After this, we’re heading home and going to get something to eat and then I’ll be heading to darts. (Yes, in my town, I am part of a dart team. It’s pretty awesome.)
I tried getting my photos onto my new computer, but I had absolutely NO LUCK with it. It made me a bit sad, ’cause I promised my friend/former college art teacher that I’d take some/show ’em off on Facebook. Hopefully Justin (my boyfriend) will give me a hand with that.
I guess that’s a quick update on what’s been going on with me for the past day.
Umm….hmm…OH! I have some favorites to share with you:
- Music Artist: Daniela Andrade; if you like laid-back, singer/songwriter-type music, you’ll adore her. She did a cover of “The A Team” by Ed Sheerhan and also my favorite original song by her is “Any Other Way”.
- Food – Sandwich: Grilled pastrami with Havarti cheese on wheat bread. Absolutely delicious!
- YouTube Guru: Oh gosh, this is hard to pin-point for me, but I really have been loving beautycrush (http://www.youtube.com/user/beautycrush?feature=g-subs-u), AndreasChoice (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUMyZ3GFwAPkEuai3zR3rxg), and MakeupByAlli (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvk3DUjHHPNXfo9RztbGDww)
- YouTube Music Artists: Lindsey Stirling (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyC_4jvPzLiSkJkLIkA7B8g), Sam Tsui (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWrtsravWX0ANhHiJXNlyXw), Alex G. (http://www.youtube.com/user/AlexGMusic7), and Christina Grimmie (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUudDyi0JiVmSxarvU98YYQ)
- Electronic Item: My new Acer laptop that Justin’s mom sent us (used to be hers, but she wanted to give it to us ’cause I guess she got a new one).
- Song: Let Her Go (Acoustic) by Passenger
- YouTube “News”: Philip DeFranco (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClFSU9_bUb4Rc6OYfTt5SPw)
So, yeah…now I guess that’s all. I know it was a bit long-winded, but I hope you all go and check out the favorites I mentioned. Have a great day! Until next time…